Mindfulness as part of the curriculum
Paws b and Dot.b are not therapy; they are curricula designed to introduce young people to the benefits of mindfulness and offer a toolkit of practices to dip children’s toes into mindfulness helpfully and enjoyably.
Research suggests that mindfulness may provide young people with a valuable life skill as they;
- feel calmer and more fulfilled
- get on better with others
- concentrate and learn better
- manage stress and anxiety
- perform well in music and sport.
Using her experience as a teacher, Anna has mapped the paws.b curriculum against the PSHE objectives and can show schools how teachers gain time with the programme, not lose it.